Monday, May 7, 2012

Book: Hatchet

The book that I have been reading recently was Hatchet by Gary Paulsen. It is an old book, however, it is very adventurous and fun. The genre of the book is adventurous and realistic-fiction. The book is about a young boy called Brian. His parents are divorced and is moving around his parents houses. Brian was going to his father’s place with a pilot though the Canadian wilderness. On the way to his father’s house, the pilot had a sudden heart attack and dies. Since there is no one to drive though the sky, the plane finally crashes down to a lake somewhere deep in the forest. Later on, Brian learns how to survive on his own in a place where is dangerous. Listen carefully of what is coming, food, shelter and fire.

I give this book a 8.5/10, because I think this book will be fantastic for every age. I gave this book a 8.5/10 because although it was fun and all, the thing that I didn’t like about the book was it was a little too obvious. Plane crashing, then learning how to survive in the wilderness. Couldn’t you obviously knew that this would happen?


This book’s genres were the genres that I don’t really read. I kind of avoided these genres since I thought they would be boring and unrealistic. I often read fantasy books. However, after finishing this book, adventurous book types are so interesting because mostly it is about someone adventuring and when a character is adventuring, for me, I feel like I am in the situation that the character is in. Also, realistic-fiction, I did avoided them, but not as much as the adventurous genre. Realistic-fiction is something that can actually could happen in real life. Like plane crash in the book. I never thought that anyone would write a book about plane crash, but I guess Gary Paulsen did! I was not interested in any of the genres in the book, but now I am. I really recommend it to adults and children to read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment