Saturday, May 19, 2012

Book: Hands Across the Moon

I haven’t read much this week, but I have read one book over the week. It is called Hands Across the Moon by Jane. G Meyers.This book is like a book where two people write letters back and forth. I have never read these types of books, so I was excited. However, after finishing the book, I was a little disappointed that there were only two characters. There were few characters that came in and out of the story, but not much detail. I wish that there would be more characters in the book because it gets boring if the same characters appear and no one else.

This book is about two best friends, Gretchen and Mia. One day, Gretchen’s dad got a professional job in Ecuador. When Gretchen left California, they
were planning to write letters to each other to keep in touch. In Ecuador, Gretchen has problems, since she doesn’t speak the language the country speaks and also, the bigger problem is that all her things did not arrive yet. While back in California, Mia... has no big problems.

I give this book a 7/10 because I didn’t really like the fact that there were only two characters in the book. It was okay in the beginning, however, as the story went on, since there were only two characters, it got boring and it needed different kinds of characters with different personalities. Maybe at least 3-4 characters because it would be more interesting to read a book with more characters than only one or two.This is also like my life because I had a best friend that left to her home country few months ago, so I kind of know who Gretchen and Mia felt, leaving their best friend.

2 comments: